Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This Meme Machao Campaign (Contest) is being organized by South Asia FM Limited, a company duly incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and having its registered office at Murasoli Maran tower, 73, MRC Nagar Main Road, MRC Nagar, Chennai – 600 028 Red FM), to discover the next meme-star, and give you a chance to collaborate and learn from the best content creators in India.
We urge you to read the terms and conditions (T&Cs) carefully before participating in this Contest. Any person availing this Contest shall be deemed to have accepted these T&Cs.
- Any participation in the Contest is voluntary, and the Contest is being made available purely on a best effort basis.
- This Contest is open to Indian residents of 18 years of age or more, of a sound mind. There is no entry fee nor any purchase necessary to participate in this Contest.
- Red FM reserves the right to exclude any person from the Contest on grounds of misconduct or criminal behavior.
- Each participant can make multiple entries for their participation in the Contest. The memes submitted as entries to the Contest must not be plagiarized, or use profanity, or be infringing of any applicable law, and must not be politically charged, religious, sexual, defamatory, or in any manner, bring about inflammatory reactions in people. In the event that Red FM determines that the content violates the T&Cs, or may be harmful to the brand reputation of Red FM, Red FM reserves full rights to disqualify such entry from the Contest.
- In order to participate in the Contest, participants must upload the meme on their official Instagram handle, while tagging the official Red FM regional handle (basis their residential address). The selection of users will be based on their entertainment value, quirkiness, originality and knowledge of their meme content.
- We will review your submission, to determine that it is in line with the T&Cs. If your submission is selected, the regional handles of Red FM will re share your post. If your submission is reshared on the official Red FM regional handle, you shall be deemed selected for the next round of the Contest.
- For the second round of the Contest, the contestants will be required to make memes from the images shared by the respective regional Red FM handles, by inserting their own funny one-liners, comments to the images. The memes must be uploaded onto the contestant’s official Instagram handle, tagging the respective official Red FM regional handle. If your submission is reshared on the official Red FM regional handle, you shall be deemed selected for the next round of the Contest.
- For the third and final round of the Contest, Red FM will provide you with certain situations, to be converted into a meme, by adding your own images, comments/statement. The memes must be uploaded onto the contestant’s official Instagram handle, tagging the official Red FM regional handle. Judges will review your submissions, and re share the post in the event that it is selected. If your submission is reshared on the official Red FM regional handle, you shall be deemed selected for the next round of the Contest.
- This Contest shall be made available in 12 cities across India, where Red FM is available. The cities will be – Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Kolkata, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Patna and Jamshedpur.
- The best content creators out of the participants basis the 12 respective cities, will receive a grand cash prize to the value of 15000/- INR subject to TDS deductions. The judging panel which comprises of viral meme pages on Instagram may select winners from the entries submitted after the third round of contest and provide the participants an opportunity to intern for a month with them.
- The T&Cs represent the entire understanding between the parties for their participation in the Contest.
- Red FM is not responsible for the efficiency and delivery of the Contest, and does not make any further representations with respect to the outcome of your participation.
- The participants represent and warrant that all the information provided by them is factual and are not incorrect. Red FM has the full authority to disqualify any entry for the Contest in the event that falsifications are detected in the information provided by the participant.
- The Contest is made available to the participants from 20th February 2023 and shall close on 11th March, 2023. Red FM shall not accept any entries for the Contest, beyond the 10th March, 2023.
- The Contest prize is non-transferable, and cannot be substituted for any other gift, or in kind, by the participants. The prize will be transferred to the participant via a bank transfer, to their authorized bank account.
- To claim the grand prize, the winner will have to submit identity proof and address proof, and their banking details. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted, or fails to claim their prize within 7 days from the date of communication from Red FM, the prize will be transferred to the next winner chosen by the judges.
- The participant represents and warrants that the content of the Entry submitted under this Contest is the original work of the participant and it does not in any manner infringe upon the intellectual property rights of a third party. The participant expressly grants and assigns to Red FM the irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, and worldwide and sub licensable, license to reproduce, print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, any entry materials submitted for the Contest.
- The participant hereby agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified Red FM from any and all claims in respect of any aspect of the images or the material used in the images as submitted by the Participant, or any violation of the T&Cs of this Contest.
- Red FM reserves the right to terminate, modify the Contest, at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior intimation to the participant. Any modification in the terms of the Contest shall be notified to the participants by Red FM, as soon as reasonably feasible.
- Red FM is not responsible for any loss, injury or any other liability, whatsoever, caused to any participants in connection with this Contest or by participation in that regard.
- By participating in this Contest, the participant consents to the use of their name, image, entry for the creation of any publicity, marketing material by Red FM, in its sole discretion. The retention, storage of any personal data of the participants by Red FM shall be in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws in India.
- This Contest is governed by the laws of Republic of India and the courts at Chennai will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation to this Contest.The Contest is subject to force majeure provisions under applicable law.